iTEK is committed to the safety of our staff and our customers. To minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we are following the manufacturer’s guidelines to clean and sanitize each device upon arrival at any of our Repair Centers and before it is returned to you. For extra precaution, we are now utilizing antimicrobial bags as part of our shipping protocol.
How should I clean a mobile computer (non-healthcare models)?
Always follow your organization’s hygiene or infection-control protocols and the instructions for use provided by the disinfectant manufacturer. Using an approved pre-moistened disinfecting wipe or cleaning solution applied to a clean or sterile cloth, you may gently wipe the hard, nonporous surfaces of the product. Following these instructions:
- Turn off the device.
- Ensure that the battery cavity is covered to prevent liquid from entering the device.
- Use a pre-moistened disinfectant wipe, or if using a liquid solution, apply the approved cleaning solution to a sterile cloth. Wring out any excess liquid.
- Wipe all surfaces of the device with the moistened cloth following the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Wipe off the display /touch panel, scanner lens, camera lens area.
- Use a non-abrasive material to touch these surfaces.
- Do not allow excess liquid to pool on the device.
- Keep a dry sterile cloth ready to dry the device after cleaning.
- Use a cotton-tipped swab to clean between the buttons and in other recessed areas of the computer.
- The cradle contacts should be cleaned monthly with a cotton-tipped swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol to provide the ideal charger-to-battery contact.
- Allow the computer to completely air dry before turning on the power and/or placing it in a charger.
How to remove streaking from device touchscreen and camera/scanner window surface. After using the pre-moistened disinfecting wipe or cleaning solution on your Honeywell mobile computer, it is recommended that the screen and lens be cleaned with glass cleaner to remove any remaining streaking.
- Lightly moisten a lint-free sterile cloth with the approved glass cleaner.
- Wipe the screen and lens area of the device briefly and quickly wipe dry to remove streaks or spots.
- Do not use bleach.
- Do not use cleaning solutions on fabric or leather surfaces.
- Always leave the battery installed when you clean the computer.
- Avoid pooling the cleaning solution on any part of the product to prevent moisture from entering any opening such as ports. The touchscreen, scanner and camera windows, buttons, and connector area require the most attention to prevent liquid from entering the device.
- Do not submerge the computer or device in any liquid.
- Follow all cleaning solution manufacturers’ instructions for use including all warnings and precautions.
Important: Do not use bleach. Damage caused using cleaners other than those listed below may not be covered by the warranty.
Testing has shown that various disinfectants should not harm the computer when used properly. We advise customers to consult the disinfectant solution’s manufacturer labeling for specific information regarding its efficacy against specific infectious pathogens.
The following is the list of approved cleaning solutions for non-healthcare products:
- Diversey® Oxivir TB – Benzyl alcohol, hydrogen peroxide
- PDI® Sani-Cloth Prime Germicidal Disposable Wipe – Ammonium chloride .61%, ethyl alcohol 27.3%, isopropyl alcohol 28.7%.
- Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes – Dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride .184%, ethylbenzyl ammonium chloride .184%
- Isopropyl alcohol 70%
- PDI® Super Sani-Cloth – Isopropyl alcohol 55%, ammonium chlorides .25%
- Diversey® Virex II – Ammonium chloride 8.7%
- Windex® Original by SC Johnson Company – Isopropyl alcohol and ammonia
- Acetic acid, 10% in water
- Ethyl alcohol, 10% in water
- Mild soap solutions